This is a quick, easy to make, and really delicious salmon. If you ordered it at a fancy asian restaurant, you would not be disappointed.. The black bean sauces is rich and more flavorful than most. It goes extremely well with salmon, but you could also try this with other types of fish like sea bass, halibut, or cod.
- 2-3 pounds salmon fillets
- BLACK BEAN SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 Tbsp. prepared black bean garlic sauce or black bean garlic sauce (available by the jar at Asian food stores)
- 2 Tbsp. dry or cooking sherry
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (available at Asian food stores)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1-2 fresh red chilies, minced, or 1 tsp. dried crushed chili
- handful of fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse fish and place on a flat bottomed baking dish
- Combine all 'Black Bean Sauce' ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring well to dissolve the sugar. Pour sauce over fish. Turn the fish once or twice so that it is saturated with sauce. Marinate for up to 1 hour (optional) and then bake.
- Bake (covered or uncovered) at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until the inner flesh has turned firm and opaque. Avoid over-cooking.
- When fish is cooked, taste-test it with the sauce.
- Portion the fish out onto individual plates. Top with some of the black bean sauce from the baking dish plus a sprinkling of spring onion and fresh coriander. Serve with rice and any remaining black bean sauce on the side. ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 234g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 230||54%|
|Total Fat 25.55g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 5.79g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.84g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|