Cost per recipe $11.12 view details
- 1 c. Bulgar
- 3 c. Vegetable stock or possibly water
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1 can (11-oz) black beans,, liquid removed, rinsed
- 1 c. Corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 c. Basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Faux ricotta or possibly nonfat ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 pch Sea salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- Combine the bulgar, stock and bay leaf in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Loosely cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 min.
- Cover the pan tightly and remove from the heat. Let the bulgar sit till tender and all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 min. Throw away the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, combine the beans, corn, pumpkin seeds and basil in a medium bowl. When the bulgar is ready, stir it in. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, garlic, ricotta, lemon juice, Parmesan, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto the bean mix and mix well.
- If weather is warm serve chilled with tomato salsa and chopped cilantro. If weather is cool serve at room temperature or possibly gently warmed, garnished generously with chopped scallion.
- Yield: 4 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 990g|
|Calories from Fat 454||64%|
|Total Fat 51.14g||64%|
|Saturated Fat 12.0g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.49g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||19%|