Cost per serving $2.55 view details
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. butteror margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. unbleached white flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. chili pwdr butter or possibly margarine for cooking FILLING
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 c. minced onion (1 large onion)
- 6 lrg garlic clove -- peeled and chopped
- 1 med jalapeno -- chopped
- 1 c. minced red bell pepper (1 large pepper)
- 1/2 c. diced carrot (1 med. carrot)
- 3 1/2 c. cooked black beans -- slightly mashed
- 1 sm tomato -- finely minced
- 1/2 c. fresh or possibly frzn corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 x scallion -- thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c. grated sharp cheddar -- 6 ounce
- 1 1/2 c. grated Monterey Jack -- 6 ounce lowfat sour cream -- for garnish
- 3 x scallions for garnish -- thinly sliced
- To make the crepe batter, combine the Large eggs, lowfat milk, 2 Tbsp. melted butter, and 1/3 c. of water in a blender or possibly food processor, and process till smooth. Add in the flours, cornmeal, 1/2 tsp. salt, and chili pwdr, and process again. Chill for at least 1 hour or possibly as long as overnight.
- Let the batter return to room temperature, and stir it well.
- Heat a little butter in a heavy, 10-inch skillet over medium heat, and spread it over the bottom. Pour in about 1/4 c. of batter, and quickly tilt the pan, swirling the batter so it covers the bottom.
- Cook the crepe till lightly golden brown, 1 to 2 min. Flip it with a spatula, and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more. Repeat till all the crepes are cooked, adding a little butter to the pan between each one. Stack the cooked crepes, and set them aside.
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute/fry the onion, garlic, jalapeno, red pepper, and carrot till tender, about 5 min. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the beans, tomato, corn, 1 tsp. salt, cumin, cilantro, and the three thinly sliced scallions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and grease two baking sheets.
- Lay out the crepes on a work surface. Divide the filling among them
- (about 1/2 c. for each), placing it on one quarter of the crepe. Sprinkle on the cheeses. Fold the crepes in half and half again to create a pie-shaped wedge.
- Transfer the crepes to the prepared baking sheets, and bake for 10 to 15 min, till the cheese is melted and the crepe is lightly golden brown.
- Serve garnished with lowfat sour cream and thinly sliced scallions.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 459g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 328||30%|
|Total Fat 37.33g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 18.23g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 129.66g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.0g||87%|