Cost per recipe $2.55 view details
- 8 ounce bittersweet (not unsweetened) or possibly semisweet chocolate,minced
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter cut into pcs (1 1/4 sticks)
- 4 lrg Large eggs separated
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- Â Â Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line bottom of 9-inch-diameter cake pan with 2-inch-high sides with waxed paper. Butter sides of pan and paper. Dust pan with flour. Heat chocolate and butter in top of double boiler over simmering water, stirring till smooth. Cold slightly.
- Whisk yolks and sugar in large bowl till pale yellow. Fold in flour, then
- chocolate mix. Using electric mixer, beat whites in another bowl till stiff but not dry. Fold into chocolate mix. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake till toothpick inserted into center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 25 min. Cold completely in pan on rack. Run small sharp knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Turn cake out onto platter and cold. (Can be prepared 8 hrs ahead.
- Cover with cake dome and let stand at room temperature.) Sift powered sugar over cake and serve.
- Serves 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 499g|
|Calories from Fat 1191||62%|
|Total Fat 135.04g||169%|
|Saturated Fat 79.1g||316%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 155.77g||42%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|