Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- 225 gm blanched whole almonds
- 225 gm bitter chocolate broken into pcs
- 225 gm unsalted butter softened
- 225 gm granulated sugar
- 6 med (or possibly 4 large) Large eggs separated
- Preheat the oven to 150qC/300F/Gas 2.Butter a 20cm deep round spring release cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Coarsely grind the almonds in a food processor and then the chocolate.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer till pale and light.
- Add in the egg yolks one by one then the grnd nuts and chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites separately till they form soft peaks.
- Fold about a quarter into the stiff chocolate mix to loosen it a little then fold this mix into the remaining egg whites.
- Put into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45 min till set.
- Test by inserting a skewer; if the torte is cooked it will come out clean.
- This cake comes from Capri. It is important which the chocolate be 70 per cent cocoa butter.
- Serves 8
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 84g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 320||68%|
|Total Fat 37.05g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 15.54g||62%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.74g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|