Cost per serving $0.29 view details
- 3 (6-inch) stone-ground corn tortillas
- 12 Jennie-O Turkey Store Turkey Breakfast
- Sausage Links, cut in half widthwise
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 2 1/4 cups liquid egg white or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely shredded
- low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 tablespoons of your favorite salsa
- 1 non-stick muffin pan
- Lowfat or fat free refried beans (optional)
- Extra salsa (optional)
- Fresh melon slices (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Stack tortillas and cut into quarters. Cut quarters in half so you will have 8 wedges for each tortilla (and a total of 24 wedges). Spray each muffin cup with olive oil cooking spray.
- 3. To assemble: Place one tortilla wedge in each muffin cup, with the widest side at the bottom of the cup. Place a second tortilla wedge on the opposite side of the muffin cup so that the wide edges will be overlapping in the bottom of the cup, by about Â½ inch. The tortilla wedge points will extend outside of the cup, about Â½ inch straight up. Repeat for the other muffin cups. Place two sausage halves (from one whole link) in each muffin cup, on top of the tortilla wedges. Place a tablespoon of salsa on top of the sausage. Measure 3 tablespoons of egg white (or egg substitute) into each muffin cup. Bake 10 minutes or until eggs are just set and no longer wiggle. They will be slightly puffed. Carefully remove "muffins" from pan and place two on each serving plate.
- 4. Working quickly, sprinkle each "muffin" with one teaspoon cheese. Top each muffin with few olive slices and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Serve hot with lowfat or fat free refried beans, extra salsa and fresh melon slices.
- Source: http://www.biggest-loser-recipes.com
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||57%|
|Total Fat 11.11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.29g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.96g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|