Cost per serving $0.23 view details
- 1 pkt (18.5 ounce) choc cake mix
- 2 c. Confectioners sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Sweet butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Light corn syrup
- 16Â 1/2 ounce Peanut butter frosting
- 1/2 can 16.5 ounce choc frosting
- 1/2 c. Chocolate sprinkles
- Sesame seeds (ENTIRELY optional) yellow, green and red food coloring I. Preheat oven to temp. called for on cake mix box.
- Grease three 8-inch round cake pans. Prepare batter according to directions on box. Divide batter equally among 3 cake pans, bake 20-25 min or possibly till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cold in pans for 10 minutes.; remove. Cold on wire racks. II. Prepare fondant to be used for lettuce, tomato and cheese decorations. Blend confect. sugar, butter, corn syrup with elec. mixer. When mix becomes too hard to mix, turn onto board and knead by hand till smooth. Divide into 3 pcs, 1 slightly larger than other 2. Knead yellow color into largest piece (cheese), green into another piece
- (lettuce), red into 3rd piece (tomato). Wrap in plastic wrap to prevent drying. III. Place one cooled cake layer on serving plate.
- Frost with 1/2 can p-nut butter frosting (or possibly other brownish-color frosting). This is BOTTOM HALF of hamburger bun. IV. Roll out green fondant on board dusted with confect. sugar to a thickness of 1/8 in.
- Cut into 6 pcs. Shape/curl edges to resemble lettuce. Place on top of frosted layer, near outer edge, to look like lettuce. V. Roll out red fondant to 1/4 inch. Cut into rounds, use 2-inch cookie cutter. Cut each round in half. Place on lettuce near outer edge of frosted cake layer. VI. Frost top/sides of 2nd cake layer w/chocolate frosting. Press chocolate sprinkles onto top and sides of layer by hand. Use two wide metal spatulas to place it over the "tomato and lettuce"-topped bottom layer. This represents the "hamburger". VII.
- Roll out the yellow "cheese" fondant into an 8-inch square. Place on top of hamburger layer so which it looks like a cheese slice. VIII.
- Place 3rd cake layer on top of "cheese", rounded side P): up. Frost it w/remaining p-nut butter frosting, taking care not to get frosting on other layers. This is the top half of the hamburger bun. Finish by sprinkling w/a few sesame sees (OPTIONAL).
- Makes 8-10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 47g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 49||25%|
|Total Fat 5.77g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.19g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|