Get ready to “wow” your family and friends with this out of this world dish! No one will ever guess it’s low in calories. I’m already thinking this recipe will be on my top 10 favorites for 2012. My husband and I ended up eating it 3 days in a row. I made it skinny by using whole grain lasagna noodles, delicious store bought light Alfredo sauce and reduced-fat cheese. The skinny for one serving is 290 calories, 9.5 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Made with regular Alfredo sauce and cheese each serving has 416 calories and 20 grams of fat. Just serve with a simple Caesar salad. I’ve included a quick recipe under Serving Tips below. I hope you love this dish as much as I do…
- 9 dried whole wheat or whole grain lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) containers Buitoni Light Alfredo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Â½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast, see prep tip
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- Â½ cup Sargento reduced-fat 4 cheese Italian blend or reduced-fat mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain again. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine both packages of Alfredo sauce, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach and red peppers.
- Lightly coat a 12 or 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 cooked noodles in bottom of dish. Top with one-third chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- This casserole freezes great.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 113g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||44%|
|Total Fat 6.04g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 2.47g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|