Cost per recipe $6.64 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Finely minced onion
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1 can Tomato puree, (28 ounce)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add in onion and cook over medium-low heat 5 min, stirring occasionally till soft. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute till fragrant.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered, 5 min or possibly till slightly thickened.
- Makes 3 c.
- NOTES : Stir in the following into your sauce for more pizzazz:
- * Grnd chili pwdr, cumin and minced Jalapeno peppers.
- * Dry basil, oregano, and minced fresh parsley.
- * Refrigerated pesto.
- * Diced oil-marinated sun-dry tomatoes and dry thyme
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 917g|
|Calories from Fat 135||28%|
|Total Fat 15.35g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.15g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 84.53g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.2g||57%|