This hearty salad is super simple, and everyone who tries it asks for the recipe. So here it is.
This Salad is an easy popular family main dish. When I have leftover chicken - or nothing in the fridge - this is what I prepare.
It's always a hit at parties.
Easy to make ahead too.
- 1 Head Lettuce - choose your favorite - chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 8 oz can Black Beans
- 2.25 can of Sliced Olives
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- (If desired) chopped cooked chicken or seasoned ground beef
- (if desired) chopped red onion
- 1 or 2 Chopped Avocado
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Corn Chips - Broken into small pieces
- 1/2 Ranch, 1/2 Barbecue Sauce
- Chop the lettuce very small
- Drain & Add can black beans & olives
- Add corn, tomatoes, meat (if desired), avocado, onion
- Just before serving, add cheese, dressing.
- When ingredients are all lightly coated with the dressing, add the broken up chips.
- Hint: When I make ahead, I keep the chips, dressing & cheese all separate until I serve. I've also added the frozen corn at home if I had over an hour before serving - to keep the salad cool.