My sister and I created this sub one day when we were both bored, starving, and a little hungover. We just threw together anything we could find in our fridge and were both shocked at how good it turned out. I make this sub for lunch at least twice a week now.
- 1 sub (can use an italian roll, french baguette, etc.)
- Salami (I use all Boarhead deli meats)
- Swiss Cheese
- Hot banana peppers (canned)
- Shredded lettuce
- Garlic Expressions salad dressing (can find this in the refrigerated salad section of most grocery stores)
- Caesar salad dressing (I like T. Marzetti's or Brianna's)
- Dijon mustard
- Slice into the bread (almost all the way but not completely) and open it up
- Add a layer of ham
- Add layer of salami
- Add a layer of pepperoni (I use the big, thin deli pepperoni but pizza pepperonis work as well)
- Apply a layer of swiss cheese
- Take as many banana peppers as desired, and blot the excess juice off with a paper towel. Sprinkle them over the cheese
- Put the sub on a non-stick pan and broil it in the oven until cheese is melted and bread is browned and crispy (this happens pretty quickly so keep an eye on it!)
- Put sub on a plate and sprinkle a generous amount of shredded lettuce on top. Crack some pepper over the lettuce.
- Sauce (THE BEST PART)
- Mix together 1/4 cup garlic expressions salad dressing with 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of caesar salad dressing. Add lots of pepper and salt to taste.
- With a spoon generously drizzle sauce all over the sub and enjoy!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 195g|
|Calories from Fat 242||70%|
|Total Fat 27.06g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12.02g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.46g|
|Total Carbs 5.87g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|