Cost per serving $2.79 view details
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 c. onions, minced
- 1/2 c. celery, minced
- 1/2 c. carrot, minced
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 c. Half & Half or possibly lowfat milk
- 1 c. 1/3-less salt chicken broth
- 12 ounce. (2 1/2 c.) American process cheese, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce.) can beer
- 2 c. popcorn, popped
- Heat butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, celery, carrot, parsley and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour, mustard and pepper; mix well. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add in Half & Half and chicken broth; mix well.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 10 to 15 min or until soup is thickened and thoroughly heated.
- Stir in cheese and beer; cook 5 to 8 min or until cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Don't BOIL; it will cause a skin to form.
- Garnish with popcorn.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 333g|
|Recipe makes 7 servings|
|Calories from Fat 572||63%|
|Total Fat 63.94g||80%|
|Saturated Fat 32.05g||128%|
|Trans Fat 6.4g|
|Total Carbs 50.74g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|