Cost per recipe $0.21 view details
- 2-4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Crepe Batter:3-4 Large eggs (don't use substitute)
- 1 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter or possibly margarine
- 4 Tbsp. margarine, melted ( may need more)
- To make filling: In a medium ( non-metal) bowl, mix together all ingredients for the filling. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- To make Crepe Batter: For crepe batter, mix together Large eggs and lowfat milk; place in a food processor. Add in flour and baking pwdr, a little at a time
- (batter should be like thin mayonnaise). Add in 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Heat a 9 inch non-stick frying pan till warm. dip a pastry brush into melted margarine and brush the pan with a thin coat. Heat
- again ( not to smoking stage). Pour a small amount of batter of batter
- (about 1/4 c.) into the pan and swirl around till
- covered; empty any excess batter back into remaining batter. Heat till sides pull away (if edge of batter sticks to sides of pan,
- gently pull away with a knife. Turn crepe out onto a damp dish towel and return pan to stove to heat again Brush margarine in
- pan and swirl another 1/4 c. of batter and pour off excess Repeat with remaining batter. slightly overlap crepes on towels to
- To assemble blintzes: Place one Tbsp. of filling on one edge of crepe; roll forward twice, then fold both sides and continue rolling to end. ( blintzes can be frzn at this point.) Fry blintzes, both sides, in butter till golden. Serve with one or possibly all
- of the following: lowfat sour cream , applesauce, cinnamon, fresh or possibly frzn strawberries, jam honey or possibly syrup.
- Makes 15 to 20 cheese filled blintzes depending on thickness of crepe.
- This and many other Great Favorite Jewish recipes can be found in "Mama Cooks California Style" New Twists on Jewish Classics a cookbook which supports the life enhancing work of the Jewish Home for the Aging in Los
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 49g|
|Calories from Fat 39||58%|
|Total Fat 4.38g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.37g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.18g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|