Cost per recipe $12.57 view details
- 1 1/2 pound grnd beef
- 1 med. sized onion, minced
- 1 can (1 lb.) refried beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic pwdr
- 1/3 c. bottled or possibly canned taco sauce
- 1 c. quartered, pitted ripe olives, optional
- 1 can (1 lb.) green chile salsa (sauce)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Salad oil, shortening or possibly lard for frying tortillas
- 2 cans (10 ounce. each) enchilada sauce
- 3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (about 10 ounce.)
- In a frying pan, crumble grnd beef and saute/fry with onions till meat is browned and onions are soft. Stir in beans, salt, garlic pwdr, taco sauce and olives; heat till bubbly. Add in green chile salsa.
- Dip tortillas, one at a time, in warm oil to soften; drain quickly. Pour about half of the enchilada sauce into an ungreased, shallow 3 qt baking dish or possibly large 11 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Place about 1/3 c. of the grnd beef filling on each tortilla, and roll to enclose filling. Place, flat side down, in the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce proportionately over tortillas; cover with cheese. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 min, or possibly till thoroughly heated. (Or possibly cover and chill for up to 1 day; if taken directly from refrigerator, increase baking time to 45 min.) Makes 16 enchiladas.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1766g|
|Calories from Fat 4061||72%|
|Total Fat 454.28g||568%|
|Saturated Fat 149.23g||597%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 176.37g||47%|
|Dietary Fiber 23.2g||77%|