Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- Grind to a coarse paste with 2 tsp. of water in a blender:- 1 tsp black mustard seeds2 tsp ginger shredded4 x dry red chilliesdeseeded and soaked inwater1 tsp turmeric powdersalt2 tsp panch phoron
- Heat 4 Tbsp. of the oil in a pan and add in the onion.
- Fry till golden brown and add in the cabbage.
- Stir fry till translucent/soft then add in the grnd mix and salt.
- Add in 4 Tbsp. of water and cook till the cabbage is done but still crisp.
- Take off the heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a separate pan and add in the panch phoron.
- When it crackles pour the oil and the seeds over the cabbage.
- Stir well.
- Heat through to blend the vegetable and spices.
- Serve warm.
- Bengalis love the good things of life. Academic and artistic by nature they translate these passions into their cuisine with a rich blend of flavours and textures.
- This recipe is a typical Bengali dish made to accompany a meal which is predominantly fish and rice.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 171g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||79%|
|Total Fat 17.65g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.08g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.11g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|