Cost per recipe $1.94 view details
- 90 gm Young fresh broad beans in their pods, (2 pounds)
- 15 ml Extra virgin olive oil, (1/4 pint)
- 2 x Onions, minced
- 2 x Cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Â Â Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 30 ml Boiling water, (1/2 pint)
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly minced dill
- 30 ml Greek lowfat yoghurt, (1/2 pint)
- Wash the beans, top, tail and string them where necessary. Heat the oil in a large, heavy, lidded pan. Saute/fry the onions and garlic to soften. Reduce heat, add in the beans in their pods and the lemon juice and season with salt and sugar. Stir, and stew gently for 15 min stirring occasionally. Add in water and half the dill, adjust to a gentle simmer and cook for 1 hour till the pods are very tender.
- Leave to cold. Pour the lot into a dish with rest of the dill. Serve with the lowfat yoghurt and warm pita bread. This dish improves with keeping.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 407g|
|Calories from Fat 143||25%|
|Total Fat 16.31g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 2.85g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 85.2g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.1g||87%|