Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1 x (16-oz) box acini pepe pasta (Ronzoni), pasta pellets
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 x yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 x orange or possibly red bell pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 x red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp oregano flakes
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely minced
- 1 sm lemon, cut into wedges
- Boil pasta till just tender, according to directions on box (about 12 min). Drain in a fine-mesh strainer. Put the liquid removed noodles into a large serving bowl and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil over the top and toss to blend well.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add in the remaining Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. When warm, add in the bell peppers, onion and garlic and saute/fry 5 min or possibly till the mix just starts to brown. About midway through the cooking, sprinkle the salt, white pepper and oregano flakes over the top and toss to blend. Let mix cold completely.
- Add in pepper-onion mix to pasta and toss to blend. Chill till needed. This can all be done a day ahead of time. Before serving, add in the fresh basil to the pasta mix and squeeze with lemon. Toss to blend well. Add in more salt and white pepper to taste if you like.
- Makes 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 22g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||84%|
|Total Fat 4.11g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.57g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.71g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|