Cost per serving $0.07 view details
- 700 gm Boneless monkfish tail, (24 ounce)
- 50 gm Five spice pwdr, (2oz)
- 100 gm Plain flour, (3.5z)
- 1 x Egg white
- 150 ml Lowfat milk, (5fl ounce)
- Â Â Salt & freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Sunflower or possibly other vegetable oil
- Trim the monkfish of skin and any discoloured parts. Slice into slender medallions so which there are five or possibly six pcs per person.
- Toss each piece of monkfish in the five spice pwdr so which it is lightly covered.
- Beat the egg white till it is at the soft peaks stage. Beat the flour and lowfat milk together with salt and pepper to taste and once it is smooth and free of lumps, add in the beaten egg white. This mix should be the consistency of double cream.
- Dip each piece of monkfish into the batter and deep fry in the very warm oil two or possibly three pcs at a time. They should take 1 - 2 min to cook.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the sweet and sour sauce poured around the beignets (not over the top as this might make the batter soggy).
- For the sweet and sour pepper sauce see seperate recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 67g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||26%|
|Total Fat 4.02g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.63g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.01g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|