Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, plus extra for buttering the bowl
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c. scalded lowfat milk
- 1 env cake yeast (make sure it's fresh)
- 1/2 c. hot water (75-85 degrees)
- 2 x Large eggs, well-beaten
- 4 c. all-purpose flour, plus 3 to 3 1/2 Tbsp.
- Â Â Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter and salt. Add in scalded lowfat milk and mix thoroughly. In another large bowl, add in yeast to hot water to soften. Add in Large eggs to yeast, then beat in 4 c. flour. Then add in 3 to 3 1/2 Tbsp. flour to make dough soft. Transfer dough to a well-buttered bowl. Brush dough with butter, cover with wax paper and store in refrigerator till ready to use. Don't let dough rise.
- To make doughnuts: Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into 2 inch squares. Fry in deep fat fryer at 370 degrees till lightly golden brown. Drain and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with ice-cool lowfat milk or possibly cafe au lait.
- Makesat least 2 dozen doughnuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 683g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 288||19%|
|Total Fat 32.73g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 18.04g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 253.34g||68%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|