Know What U Eat: Both beet root and beet greens are very powerful cleansers and builders of the blood.
Anemia: The high content of iron in beets regenerates and reactivates the red blood cells and supplies fresh oxygen to the body. The copper content in beets help make the iron more available to the body. A great blood builder.
Atherosclerosis: This wonderful crimson juice is a powerful solvent for inorganic calcium deposits that cause the arteries to harden.
Blood pressure: All its healing and medicinal values effectively normalizes blood pressure, lowering high blood pressure or elevating low blood pressure.
Varicose veins: In similar ways that it helps to keep the elasticity of arteries, regular consumption of beets juice also helps prevent varicose veins.
I made this beetroot halwa, adding some cooking oats, just to check how it tastes, its entirely optional though, when I first heard of beetroot halwa, I wasnt sure how it would taste..but it ecxatly taste like carrot halwa, with just a twist of adding oats to give nice chewy, sticky texture to it with the benefits of having oats in a different way.. For now try this..Beetroot & Oats Halwa!!
- 4 C Beetroot, peeled & shredded
- 1/2 C Sugar/Jaggery (adjust according to your taste)
- 1/2 C Old Fashioned Oats (optional, it gives a chewy and sticky texture)
- Handfull of nuts..( I used almonds, cashew & pistachios)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 C Milk OR Half & Half
- 2 Tbsp Clarified Butter/Ghee
- 1. Peel, shred/grate beetroot and steam for couple of minutes in microwave, just to quicken the cooking process. Its optional.
- 2. On a medium flame, add ghee in a heavy bottom pan, fry nuts, then add shredded beets for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- OR Cook it more if you did not steam earlier.
- 3. As the water from beets, starts to evaporate, slowly start adding a tablespoon of milk, every 2 mins untill done.
- 4. Now cooking oats, sugar/jaggery and stir well, cook untill the sugar syrup evaporates.
- 5. Add cardamom powder at the end of the process and serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 89g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 89||29%|
|Total Fat 10.16g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.56g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.71g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|