- 2 small beetroots, cooked, sliced
- 2 clove of garlic, sliced
- 125 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml milk
- 30 g melted butter, at room temperature
- 100 g walnut kernels, roasted and chopped
- 200 g spreadable goat cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- butter for greasing
- Slice beetroots and place in a food processor with garlic and a pinch of salt. Blend.
- Put flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually add eggs, milk and melted butter and mix until well combined. Add blended beetroots, mix carefully. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grease a crÃªpe pan or a non-stick pan with a knob of butter. Pour a ladle of batter in the pan. It has to be enough to thinly cover the surface. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to appear on top of the crÃªpe. Turn over carefully and cook for another minute. Repeat with remaining batter. Let crÃªpes cool.
- Stir goatâs cheese until creamy. Spread the cheese on the crÃªpes. Add walnuts and basil leaves. Roll up the crÃªpes and wrap into plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and unwrap. Slice crÃªpes in 2 cm thick slices and serve.