Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1 can beer half-full of beer
- 1 Tbsp. dry basil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion pwdr
- 1/4 tsp garlic pwdr
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 3 lb chicken
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add in the barbecue sauce to the half-full can of beer.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, paprika, onion pwdr, garlic pwdr, salt, and pepper, mix well and rub proportionately over the chicken. Place the cavity of the chicken over the beer can so which the chicken is sitting on the can, then place on the rack in the center of the grill.
- Cover the grill and cook for 1 to 1 1/4 hrs, or possibly till no pink remains and the juices run clear. Carefully pour the remaining sauce from the can into a bowl, and serve with the chicken.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: This can also be made with non-alcoholic beer or possibly, for a different flavor, you could use a half-filled can of lemonade and rub the chicken with lemon-pepper seasoning. Cooking time will vary depending on the grill used.