Cost per recipe $1.67 view details
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. beer (not dark)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar plus additional for sprinkling the rings
- 4 x Granny Smith or possibly Golden brown Delicious apples
- Â Â vegetable oil for deep-frying
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, the beer, and the salt till the batter is smooth and let the batter stand, covered, at room temperature for 1 hour. In another bowl combine the lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. of the brown sugar, on a baking sheet or possibly a shallow tray arrange the apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings, in one layer, and pour the lemon juice mix over them. Let the apple rings stand, covered, at
- room temperature, turning them once, for 1 hour and pat them dry.
- In a deep fryer or possibly large heavy skillet heat 1 1/2 inches of the oil to 375F., dip each apple ring in the batter, coating it well and letting the excess batter drip off, and in the oil fry the rings in batches, turning them once, for 4 min. Transfer the rings to paper towels, let them drain well, and sprinkle them with the additional brown sugar.
- Makes about 24 rings, serving 6 to 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 518g|
|Calories from Fat 10||1%|
|Total Fat 1.23g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 141.33g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|