Cost per recipe $9.88 view details
- 2 lb Fillet mignon, or possibly fillet mignon tips, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. Onion, finely minced
- 1 lb Mushroom caps, small/white, clean and halved
- 2Â 1/4 tsp All-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. Beef stock, or possibly canned broth
- 1/3 c. Whipping cream
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh dill, minced
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, minced
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat a large, heavy skillet preferably cast iron over high heat. Add in the meat a few pcs at a time, and quickly sear on all sides, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon for 3 to 4 min. If the meat throws off too much liquid, drain it off and set aside. Remove the meat from the skillet and set aside.
- 2. Heat butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and saute/fry for about 5 min, stirring occasionally till softened. Increase the heat to medium-high, then add in the mushrooms and saute/fry, stirring frequently till they are deeply colored; this will take about 20 min.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the while.
- 3. Stir in the stock, heavy cream, lowfat sour cream, mustard, and the meat juices, if any. Simmer over low heat till the sauce thickens, about 5 min; don't allow to boil.
- 4. Return the meat to the skillet, stir to coat with the sauce, and heat for 1 minute. Stir in the dill, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 847g|
|Calories from Fat 653||78%|
|Total Fat 74.33g||93%|
|Saturated Fat 44.68g||179%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.39g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||23%|