Very pleasant, satisfying everyday dish.
Serve with wide buttered noodles and a single green vegetable.
Easy on the worcester and mustard. Can be overpowering.
Ground beef can be used instead of beef tips, and whatever type of onion you have on hand instead of pearl white onions.
I cut back on the butter quite a bit. Recipe can easily be halved.
- 3 cups creme fraiche (1/2 lt sour cream, 1/2 cream 10%)
- 1-1/2 tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp worstershire sauce
- 2 tsp imported sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp demiglace
- 1 lb med firm white mushrooms
- 10 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) sweet butter
- 24 med pearl white onions (or chopped onions)
- 3 lbs beef tips (filet), steak, or lean ground beef
- Garnish chopped Italian parsley
- 6 servings of noodles, as per sugg pkg serving size
- Combine cream fraiche, mustard, tomato paste, worcester, paprika, salt, pepper to taste in saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, while completing recipe.
- Prepare mushrooms and slice. Melt 3 tbsp butter in skillet and saute together with onions.
- Cut meat into thin slices on the diagonal. Heat remaining butter in the same skillet as onion mix, saute over high heat, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add to the sauce the meat, mushrooms and onion mixture and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately over buttered noodles (nests work well).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 310g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 482||73%|
|Total Fat 53.95g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 26.01g||104%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.57g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|