Cost per serving $2.99 view details
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 lb beef chuck or possibly pork shoulder roast cut 1" pcs
- 2 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 2 c. celery in 2" pcs - (2 stalks)
- 2 c. peeled carrots in 1" pcs - (4 medium)
- 3 med potatoes peeled, and cut into 1" pcs - (1 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. cubed peeled turnips - (1 medium)
- 1/2 c. coarsely-minced onion - (1 medium)
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp dry basil crushed
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme crushed
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 1/2 c. vegetable juice Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Snipped fresh chives or possibly parsley
- Place flour in a plastic bag. Add in meat, a few pcs at a time, shaking to coat. In a 4- or possibly 6-qt pressure cooker heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil over medium heat. Cook meat, half at a time, till brown on all sides. Add in more oil, if needed. Remove meat and set aside. Drain off fat.
- Return all the meat to cooker and add in celery, carrots, potatoes, turnips, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, bay leaf, and vegetable juice.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first-generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just sufficient to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 12 min.
- Allow pressure to come down naturally. Carefully remove lid.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chives or possibly parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 main-dish servings (7 c.).
- Comments: Vegetable juice is the flavorful liquid used in this homestyle stew.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 448g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||38%|
|Total Fat 18.64g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 37.53g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.2g||21%|