Cost per serving $1.45 view details
- 1.5 to 2 kg beef ham
- 2 tsp Vegeta (or similar seasoning)
- 150 g pancetta cut into matchsticks
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced into quarters
- 400 ml red wine
- 80 ml olive oil
- 200 g onions, chopped
- 150 g celeriac, cut into small pieces
- 150 g parsley root, cut into small pieces
- 120 g carrots, cut into small pieces
- 700 ml water
- 1 apple, peeled, pitted, sliced into quarters
- 4-6 dried figs
- 4-6 prunes
- 1 bay leaf
- Rosemary needles
- Â½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- Â½ tsp black pepper
- 500 g boiled potatoes, peeled
- 150-200 g flour
- 1 egg
- 60 g butter
- Wash the meat, wipe, rub it with Vegeta. Make small pockets with a knife and put bacon and garlic into each pocket.
- Pour wine over the meat, cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the meat from wine, save the wine for later use.
- Brown the whole meat from all sides in hot oil. Remove and put aside.
- SautÃ© onions briefly in the same oil.
- Add celery, parsley and carrots and sautÃ© briefly.
- Return the meat to the pan, add a little water. Cook covered over low heat for about 2 hours, occasionally adding a mixture of wine and water.
- Add apple, figs and prunes to the half cooked meat (after about 1 h).
- Before the end of cooking add laurel, rosemary, thyme, tomato paste and pepper, bring to the boil.
- Remove the meat and bay leaf. Puree vegetables and the liquid in a blender.
- Slice the meat; cover each slice with the sauce. Serve with gnocchi.
- Easy tip: when adding water and wine during cooking, do not stir, just shake the pan.
- Mash potatoes while still hot.
- Add flour, egg, butter and salt and make dough.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces, shape each one into a thin roll and cut into the equal sized pieces.
- Leave the gnocchi to stand for 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook them in a lot of salty, boiling water for 10 minutes (let them cook a little more after they rise to the surface).
- Take them out with a slotted spoon or strain in a colander.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 279g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||39%|
|Total Fat 14.92g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4.97g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.4g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|