Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 2 med Onions, minced
- 1 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 can Minced green chilies, (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cumin
- 12 x Flour or possibly corn tortillas
- 1Â 1/2 c. Shredded cooked beef or possibly chicken
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, (4 ounces)
- 1 c. Shredded cheddar cheese, (4 ounces)
- 2 x Green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream
- Â Â Salsa
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Saut, onion and garlic till onion is tender. Blend in flour. Stir in broth, lowfat milk, chilies, salt and cumin. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; simmer 5 min, stirring occasionally. Set aside. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in.
- baking dish. Spoon a little sauce in the center of each tortilla; spread to edges. Place about 2 Tbsp. meat down the center of each tortilla.
- Combine cheeses; sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp. on top of meat. Roll up tortillas and place in baking dish, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over.
- Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20-30 min or possibly till warm and bubbly. Serve with lowfat sour cream and salsa.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 281g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 209||59%|
|Total Fat 23.45g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 12.68g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.64g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|