Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 1 c. Onion, minced
- 12 ounce Grnd beef
- 1/2 c. Beef or possibly chicken stock
- 1Â 2/3 c. Prepared tomato sauce
- 8 ounce Small shell pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Margarine or possibly butter
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1Â 1/4 c. Beef or possibly chicken stock
- 1Â 1/4 c. 2% lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
- Tips: This is an excellent casserole for children and teenagers. Adults love it too! Substitute grnd chicken or possibly veal for beef. It's great to reheat.
- Make ahead: Prepare up to a day ahead but don't bake till ready to eat.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; saute/fry garlic and onions for 4 min.
- Add in beef and saute/fry till no longer pink, approximately 4 min. Add in stock and tomato sauce; simmer on low heat for 12 min or possibly till thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions or possibly till hard to the bite. Drain and place in baking dish.
- In medium nonstick saucepan, heat margarine, add in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in stock and lowfat milk; simmer on medium heat till slightly thickened, approximately 5 min. Add in Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Add in tomato sauce mix to pasta. Mix well. Pour cheese sauce over top.
- Cover and bake for 15 min or possibly till warm. Let rest for 10 min before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 185||46%|
|Total Fat 20.68g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8.4g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.28g|
|Total Carbs 29.72g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|