This is a cuisine from the Ilocos region of the Philippines. It's easy to prepare, and great for the rainy days as it warms up the tummies.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6-8 Servings
Cost per serving $1.77 view details
- 1 Kilo of beef ribs
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons of unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 packet of Maggi magic sarap or Lucky Me NamNam
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of pickle relish
- 1 250ml tomato sauce
- 1 small can of liver spread
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, cubed and fried
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cubed and fried
- Combine beef, pineapple juice, onions, and Maggi magic sarap or Lucky Me NamNam in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat and continue simmering until beef is tender (usually takes an hour or two), and then set aside.
- On a different pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add the beef and broth then bring to a boil.
- Add pickle relish, tomato sauce, liver spread, and cheese. Continue simmering until sauce slightly thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 317g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 285||59%|
|Total Fat 31.74g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 11.67g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 17.66g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|