Cost per serving $4.44 view details
- 1/2 lb top sirloin, trimmed of fat, sliced paper-thin
- 1 c. Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage (see note)
- 1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish Curry Sauce (recipe follows)
- To slice meat easily, freeze for about an hour, then using a very sharp knife, slice into eight 5-by-2 inch pcs or possibly buy pre-sliced sukiyaki beef from a specialty meat market.
- Lay beef slices on a flat surface. Divide the red cabbage proportionately among the 8 slices of beef. Tightly roll the beef around the red cabbage and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining cabbage and beef.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add in meat rolls seam side down and cook for 1 minute. Turn rolls over and continue cooking till all sides are proportionately browned. Reduce heat and add in soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and horseradish.
- Cook a few more min.
- Move meat rolls to a serving platter and drizzle any remaining juices over them. Serve with curry sauce.
- Curry Sauce2 Tbsp. butter1 1/4 c. chopped onion1/2 c. peeled chopped apples1 banana, mashed3 Tbsp. apricot preserves2 tsp. curry pwdr Cayenne pepper, to taste 1/2 c. water Salt, to taste
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Add in onions, apples, banana, preserves and curry pwdr. Season with cayenne pepper to taste. Add in water and mix well. Adjust seasoning with salt. Sauce may be refrigerated up to a week.
- Note: Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage can be found in many supermarkets, generally with the sauerkraut.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 199g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||33%|
|Total Fat 9.56g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.99g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.02g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|