Cost per serving $2.38 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg red onions minced
- 5 Tbsp. minced jalapeno chilies with seeds
- 8 x garlic cloves minced
- 2Â 1/3 lb grnd beef (15% fat)
- 1/4 c. chili pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. grnd cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (28 ounce)
- 2 can kidney beans - (15 1/4 ounce ea) liquid removed
- 1 can beef broth - (14 ounce)
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream
- Â Â Grated cheddar cheese
- Â Â Minced green onions
- Â Â Minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onions; saute/fry till brown, about 6 min. Add in jalapenos and garlic; saute/fry 1 minute. Add in beef; saute/fry till brown, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 min. Add in chili pwdr, cumin, and paprika, then fold in tomatoes with juices, beans, and broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer till chili thickens and flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about 45 min. Skim any fat from surface of chili. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cold slightly. Chill uncovered till cool, then cover and keep refrigerated. Bring to simmer before continuing, stirring occasionally.)
- Ladle chili into bowls. Serve, passing bowls of lowfat sour cream, grated cheese, green onions, and cilantro separately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: A fine version of a hearty classic.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 502g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 327||52%|
|Total Fat 36.45g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 13.81g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.84g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.4g||38%|