Cost per serving $0.89 view details
- 2 x poblano chiles
- 2 c. black beans, cooked (See note)
- 1 c. corn kernels, (fresh)cooked
- 1 c. watercress, coarsely minced
- 1 x tomato, (large),diced
- 3 x scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp pure chile pwdr
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Snap off the chile stems, then roast the poblanos over a gas flame or possibly under a broiler till the skins are lightly charred all over. Place the poblanos in a paper or possibly plastic bag, cover, and let them steam for 15 to 20 min.
- Peel away the skin, and seed. Dice the peppers, then combine in a large bowl with the black beans, corn, watercress, tomato, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve chilled or possibly at room temperature.
- Note: You may substitute two 8-oz cans black beans:. Be sure to rinse and drain them.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 138g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||28%|
|Total Fat 10.26g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.52g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.36g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.0g||37%|