Cost per serving $1.33 view details
- 2 c. Dry pinto beans
- 4 c. Beef stock Or possibly
- 3 c. Canned beef broth
- 6 c. Water
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slc prosciutto rind Or possibly
- 2 slc salt pork
- 1 x Carrot, minced
- 1 x Celery stalk, minced
- 1 med onion, minced
- 1 sprg fresh rosemary Or possibly
- 1 tsp Dry rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Tomatoe paste Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 lb Small elbow macaroni Or possibly
- 1/4 lb Arborio rice
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese,fresh grated Additional Parmesan cheese
- Place beans in a large bowl. Add in sufficient cool water to cover and let stand overnight. Drain and rinse beans thoroughly. Prepare meat broth. Place beans in a large saucepan. Add in water, broth, 2 Tbsp. oil, prosciutto rind or possibly salt pork, carrot, celery and onion. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer 50 to 60 min, stirring occasionally. Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a small saucepan. Add in rosemary. Cook over medium heat till lightly browned. Throw away rosemary. Add in parsley and garlic; saute/fry.
- When garlic changes color, stir in flour. Cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Remove 1 c. cooking liquid from bean mix. Stir in tomato paste. Stir into flour mix. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 - 10 min, stirring frequently. Add in to bean mix. With a slotted spoon, place a third of bean mix in a blender or possibly food processor. Process till smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Bring soup to a boil. Add in pasta or possibly rice and cook over high heat 8 to 10 min. Stir several times during cooking. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Stir 1 Tbsp. oil and 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese into soup. Serve warm with additional Parmesan cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 509g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 113||27%|
|Total Fat 12.84g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.59g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.44g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.1g||30%|