Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- Â Â DIRECTIONS:
- For Truffle Cream: Stir chocolate cream and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat till chocolate and butter meld and mix is smooth. Fold in Chambord. Let stand at room temperature until very thick and spreadable, stirring occasionally, about 2 hrs.
- For Cake: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter 9-inch heart-shaped pan with 1-1/4-inch-high sides. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add in yolks 1 at a time, beating just to combine after each addition. Using rubber spatula, fold in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 mins.
- Turn out cake onto rack and cold. Cut cake horizontally in half. Place botttom layer of cake on plate. Spread truffle cream over. Arrange top layer over and press gently to adhere. Using spatula, smooth cream on sides of cake if necessary. Refrigeratetill set, at least 1 hour. For Glaze: Stir chocolate and butter in heavy med. saucepan over lo heat until melted & smooth Remove from heat. Add in corn syrup and liqueur & whisk until smooth. Let glaze stand until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 30 min.
- Place cake on rack set over baking sheet or possibly large piece of foil. Pour glaze over cake, coating completely. Refrigeratecake on rack until glaze is set, about 30 mins. Transfer cake to platter. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome & chill. Bring to room temp before serving.)