This is a wonderful simple meal that is packed full of flavor and not fat or calories. I have come across very few healthy steak recipes...this is one of them. As a kid, I hated steak. Actually, I don't like it as an adult either. However, small amounts of steak in a wrap or salad I do enjoy. If you have kids and they are picky eaters they will like this dish. They will also have fun creating their own wrap. If you don't like steak, you can always substitute chicken. Enjoy!
- 4 8-inch whole wheat/fat free tortillas (NOTE - I recommend using a flatbread...it's more durable)
- 2 cups of baby spinach (bagged)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed/drained
- .5 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked steak -OR-
- 2 cups of thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tbs BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook steak to your liking. I had to defrost mine and then used a grill pan to cook it. Cut cooked steak into thin strips.
- Top each tortilla with even amounts of spinach, corn, beans, cheese and steak. Drizzle BBQ sauce over and wrap them up.
- Place wraps on baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Note: I sprayed olive oil on the top of each wrap.
- Number of Servings: 4 (I only made 2 servings)
- Nutritional Info: 8.2 grams of fat/340 calories/47 carbs/22.9 grams protein.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 434g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||17%|
|Total Fat 14.82g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 7.82g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 89.23g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.9g||56%|