This is a simple and delicious roast you can have with your family on a cold night. I usually make a mash or roasted potatoes with carrot but this time I decided to be healthier and made blanched broccoli with slivers of garlic cooked in olive oil.
- 1.1kg chicken - cleaned & pat dry
- 1/2 onion - roughly chopped
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- BBQ sauce
- Olive oil
- Take the cleaned chicken and make several slits and rub salt all over the chicken.
- In the cavity put 2 cloves of garlic and some of the onions but saving some for the top of chicken.
- Coat the chicken with some olive oil and BBQ sauce.
- Finish it off with the remaining onions and herbs.
- Keep it covered overnight or for several hours before roasting.
- For roasting: pre-heat oven to 220 degrees and roast the chicken for about one hour. (Reduce the heat to 180-190 halfway).
- Once done let it stand for 5 minutes before carving. Serve with the blanched broccoli/mash or roasted potatoes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 282g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 373||63%|
|Total Fat 41.44g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 13.19g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.9g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|