This is one of the popular street vendors food in Indonesia. Sweet, savory, spicy finger linkin' good stuff. Thank goodness for the coconut milk! It will give a kick to your summer BBQ.
- - 6 ears of corn (clean the husk)
- - 1/2 cup margarine or butter (I'm using Indonesian "BlueBand" margarine), melted
- - 2 cans Coconut Milk (15 oz each)
- - 2 tsp salt
- Chili Sauce:
- - 1/4 cup Shiracha hot sauce
- - 3 tbsp sugar
- - 1tbsp water
- Prepare your BBQ grill and charcoal.
- Boil the coconut milk in a sauce pan with medium high heat and stir-in the salt. When it reaches the boiling point, set aside. Pour into a rectangular dish or tupperware.
- Mix the chili sauce ingredient and heat in stove for 1-2 minutes (medium high heat).
- Dip the corn into the coconut milk. Make sure the coconut milk covers the entire corn and put it on the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the coconut milk aside.
- Uncover the grill and remove the corns from the grill and dip them into the coconut milk bath again.
- Then place them back to the grill. Making sure all sides evenly grilled. Grill for another 2-3 minutes, covered.
- While grilling, brush the chili sauce on each of the corn. The amount is depending on how spicy you like them to be. Cover again for 2-3 minutes.
- Then brush the melted margarine or butter on each of the corns. Leave it on the grill for another 1-2 minutes and they are done.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|