I had this at my aunt's house in rural Colorado. The brisket is so tender it melts in your mouth.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $0.01 view details
- (1) 7-8 lb. beef brisket
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- celery salt
- onion salt
- liquid smoke (sauce) found in grocery stores
- High quality BBQ Sauce (I use Trader Joe's Kansas City BBQ sauce)
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine black pepper, garlic salt, celery salt and onion salt to make a dry rub. Enough to completely cover your brisket (adjust according to size).
- Cover brisket with rub and sprinkle with liquid smoke.
- Cook at 300 degrees for 6-7 hours. For the last hour smother brisket with BBQ sauce. Drain fat from pan before adding BBQ sauce.
- Serve with cornbread and coleslaw.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 3g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.42g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|