Cost per serving $1.89 view details
- L. Monique Porche-Smith Canton, GA
- 1 c. finely minced onion
- 1/4 c. finely minced celery
- 1/4 c. finely minced green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Sutter Home White Zinfandel
- 1 lb grnd chicken
- 6 ounce turkey andouille sausage, casing removed, finely minced
- 1/2 c. peeled, deveined, and minced shrimp
- 1/2 c. minced crawfish tails
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 lrg egg, lightly beaten
- 1 c. crumbled Ritz crackers Kosher salt and freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 c. washed, stemmed, and chiffonade-cut spinach
- 1 c. julienned Granny Smith apple
- 1 c. roasted corn
- 1/2 c. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. pecan halves, toasted (optional) Salt and pepper, to taste Vegetable oil for brushing grill
- 6 x burger buns (your choice), split Roasted garlic flavored extra virgin olive oil, to taste Creole mustard, to taste
- Procedure:Preheat grill to medium warm flame. Combine the first 4 burger ingredients in a foil packet and place on grill. Grill 5-7 min or possibly till soft. Remove from grill and allow to cold. Combine grnd chicken with the cooled onion mix and the remaining burger ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into 6 thick patties. Set aside till ready to grill.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, and honey together in a bowl, then add in remaining slaw ingredients. Set aside.
- Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Place the burger on the preheated grill and cook about 6-8 min or possibly till desired degree of doneness is achieved. During the last minute of grilling, brush the buns with the garlic-flavored extra virgin olive oil, place cut side down onto grill and grill lightly.
- Remove when done.
- Spread the bottom bun lightly with Creole mustard, place burger on top, then a heaping serving of spinach slaw finished with grilled top bun.
- Serves 6
- Suggested wine: Sutter Home White Zinfandel
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||49%|
|Total Fat 13.09g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.68g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 11.55g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|