Cost per serving $2.37 view details
- 2 cups packed basil leaves (approx. 2 oz)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the walnuts and pine nuts in the food processor till finely chopped.
- With the machine running on high speed, slowly add basil, oil, garlic blending until smooth.
- In small mixer bowl beat ricotta till smooth; add nut mixture, parmesan, marjoram, nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Beat till smooth and consistency of soft butter.
- Just before serving, add 2 Tbsp of hot pasta water from cooked pasta.
- Toss with hot cooked and buttered pasta (use about 1/2 cup pesto to about 8 ounces pasta).
- Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 239||81%|
|Total Fat 27.42g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 6.59g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.28g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|