Cost per serving $0.42 view details
- 1 loaf bread, sliced into 2â pieces
- 1 batch compound butter
- Basil Compound Butter:
- 1 stick butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh basil
- Sea salt to taste
- Take a loaf of your favorite type of bread and slice 4-6 (or more depending on how many pieces you want to make) 2â inch pieces. Spread them generously with the compound butter.
- While grilling your other items (wings, sliders, romaine) put your toast slices on the top shelf of the grill. They will get toasted from the heat of the grill.
- If your grill doesnât have a âtopâ shelf then put the bread on indirect heat on the grill.
- Texas Toast is done when the bread starts to get slight grill marks and butter turns golden brown.
- BASIL COMPOUND BUTTER:
- Let butter come to room temperature. DO NOT melt in the microwave, it will change the texture of the butter.
- Combine butter and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to puree the ingredients. Put in an easy to access container and store in the refrigerator.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 204||81%|
|Total Fat 23.22g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14.59g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.71g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|