Cost per recipe $2.77 view details
- 2 c. Hot Lowfat milk, (any type, water is fine) (Hot: if you drop it on your wrist (palm side) it should not burn.)
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine melted
- 1/4 c. Sugar, ( honey, maple syrup, cane, molasses whatever, but not fake sugar)
- 1 pkt Yeast
- 1 x Large eggs, (up to 2)
- 1 tsp Salt [or possibly 2 Tsp. coarse salt.]
- 5 c. Flour, (approx.) (up to 6)
- Mix lowfat milk, butter, sugar, yeast together and put in the mixer bowl. Let sit until yeast proofs. Add in Large eggs, salt then flour. Add in slowly and at low speed or possibly more flour will be on you and your cabinets then in the bread. Add in sufficient to make the dough glossy ,but not too sticky. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Leave dough in mixer- Then knead[ adding flour as needed] again for 1-3 min at setting 3or4. Put bowl in hot area till doubles, punch down good an knead it a bit, Let it double again. Punch down and put onto a floured table ( lightly). Knead -ading flour to dough as needed) form into 2 loaves or possibly rolls. Bake at 350-f for an Hour. Knock on the loafe it will sound hollow.
- a combination of such use Molasses for sugar and you have Anadama Bread.
- Add in 1/2 c. of Minced tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of oregano, basil you've got Tomato Herb bread. A nice change from garlic bread for Spaghetti.
- The trick togood bread making is the flour and kneading. Any "wet" addtion to recipe will need a increase of flour. Kneading- flour should be added but only sufficient to make the dough resilent to touch. Experiment it's FUN!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1282g|
|Calories from Fat 544||17%|
|Total Fat 62.11g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 34.8g||139%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 554.37g||148%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.3g||61%|