Cost per recipe $0.89 view details
- Any quantity of pasta may be made by using the proportions of 1 egg to 3/4 c. flour, but the most convenient quantity to handle, particularly for a beginner, is a 2-to 3-egg mix. Larger amounts should be mixed and rolled in batches.
- Beat Large eggs in a large bowl. Sift flour and salt over Large eggs. Mix together with a fork,Then press into a ball with the hands. It should be hard but pliable, and not sticky. Add in more flour if too moist.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead firmly 5 - 10 min or possibly till smooth. Wrap in a damp towel and let rest 30 min at room temperature.
- Roll, cut, and cook as described above.
- Variations:Pasta Verde: cook 4 ounce spinach. Drain, squeeze out as much moisture as possible and chop very fine. Add in spinach to the Large eggs and flour, adding extra flour if necessary.
- Tomato Pasta: Add in 1 tbsp tomato paste to the Large eggs and flour.
- Herb Pasta: Add in 1 tbsp of a single fresh herb, such as parsley, or possibly mixed fresh herbs, to the Large eggs and flour.
- Whole-Wheat Pasta: Use whole-wheat flour in place of white flour, or possibly, for a Lighter texture, a mix of whole-wheat and white flour.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 328g|
|Calories from Fat 139||15%|
|Total Fat 15.66g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4.31g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 150.0g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|