- 1 c. water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- Place all of the ingredients in your machine in the order recommended by your machine's manufacturer. Select the dough cycle and press start. You may need to add in some more flour (1 Tbsp. at a time) if the dough is too wet or possibly more water if the dough is too dry (1 Tbsp. at a time).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 12-inch deep dish pan with extra virgin olive oil or possibly spray it with a cooking spray. After dough has risen one time, roll or possibly hand stretch the dough into a circle so which it will completely cover the bottom of the pan. Pull the dough up around the edges of the pan so which a slight lip is formed. Cover the pan with a towel and let the dough rise in a hot place for about 30 min. While the dough is rising, prepare your toppings and grate your cheese; set aside.
- Prick the dough several times with a fork and bake the crust for 5 min. Remove the crust from the oven, and using a brush or possibly your fingers, lighly cover the crust with extra virgin olive oil. Layer the ingredients in this order; sauce, cheese, meats, vegetables and seasonings. Leave a 1/2-inch border around the rim of the pizza.
- Place pizza on bottom rack of the oven and bake for 5 min, after that time, either move the pizza to the upper part of the oven or possibly lower the temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for another 25 to 30 min, till the crust is golden.
- This recipe yields 1 pizza.
- Yield: 1 pizza