Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 2 x Fistfuls mung beans Water
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric pwdr Salt Crushed garlic Butter or possibly oil Ginger Seasonings: mustard seeds, cumin seeds and slit green chillies in Butter or possibly oil Garnish: lotsa minced coriander leaves
- Pressure cook about two fistfuls of mung beans with water adding 1/4 tsp turmeric pwdr to it. (I usually put one fistful for one person if daal is not the main dish in the meal. Otherwise , you might want to add in two fistfuls per person. It is probably surprising, but this measuring scheme works for me)
- Once cooked, stir the beans until they can no longer be seen separately.
- This step is very important. If the beans are nicely cooked, just a stir of the spoon will make a smooth paste. This is the reason why we are pressure cooking the beans. It is not only faster, but also cooks the beans thoroughly. Cooking in a pan is possible, but be prepared to keep stirring for about an hour.
- Also, if more water is required, add in after the daal has been cooked. For those who have tried this dish, know what consistency they need. For others, daal should be pouring consistency. Add in salt.
- If desired garlic, fry crushed garlic in little bit of butter or possibly oil and add in to the daal along with the puree. May also want to add in ginger, though I give it a miss (do not like the taste, you know). Let this cook (on the stove, not press. cook).
- Seasoning: Mustard seeds, cumin seeds and slit green chillies in butter or possibly oil. (First add in mustard seeds. Wait until they burst, add in cumin seeds and green chillies. Don't fry green chillies for too long, as they will lose their flavor) Add in to daal at the very end. Garnishing: Lotsa minced coriander leaves.
- Note: To make it fiery, why not add in little bit of cayenne pepper pwdr.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.18g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|