Basic Beef Picadillo Recipe
- â¦2 tablespoons olive oil
- â¦2 pounds lean ground beef
- â¦3 cloves garlic, minced
- â¦1 small onion, diced
- â¦2 green bell peppers, seeded and minced
- â¦1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- â¦2 teaspoons salt
- â¦2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- â¦3 teaspoons cumin
- â¦2 cups water
- â¦1 tablespoon beef base
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
Add the ground meat, cooking until no longer pink.
Add the garlic, onion, peppers and jalapeno.
Cook for a few minutes more.
Stir in the salt, pepper, and cumin.
Add the water and the beef base.
Reduce heat to medium low.
Simmer slowly until most of the liquid has cooked out and the remaining juices are thick.
Serve in your choice of taco shells, nacho chips, chalupas, or whatever your favorite method of getting it into your mouth.
How good does this recipe look to you?