Cost per serving $4.28 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb Large shrimp, shells on
- 8 x Cloves garlic
- 4 x Shallots
- 1/4 c. Fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 lb Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grnd white pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 x Lemon, cut in wedges
- Using small, sharp scissors, snip along the top ridge of each shrimp shell.
- Using a small knife, cut into the top surface of the shrimp to reveal the vein, then rinse it away.
- In a food processor, mince the garlic, shallots, oregano and thyme. Add in the butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and peppers and process till thoroughly blended. Fit the Creole Butter between the shell and shrimp and chill. Set aside the lemon wedges. The recipe up to this point can be completed 8 hrs in advance of cooking.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium (350#161#F). When the grill is preheated, brush it with oil, then place the shrimp on the grill. When the shells turn pink on the underside, turn the shrimp over. Cut into a shrimp to test for doneness. The shrimp are done when the shells turn pink and the shrimp meat has lost its raw inside color, about 6 min. (Alternatively, preheat the oven to 500#161#F. Then turn the oven setting to broil and broil the shrimp 4 inches from the heat for about 6 min.)
- Serve the shrimp immediately on 4 heated dinner plates accompanied by lemon wedges and napkins.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 257g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 435||71%|
|Total Fat 49.42g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 29.8g||119%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.29g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|