Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 1 leg of lamb boned and butterflied (approx 4 lbs)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter (warm)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 16 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- FOR SAUCE
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 16 fresh mint leaves, finely slivered
- 2 cups chicken broth, homemade or canned low sod
- Salt to taste
- Ground cumin for serving
- Preheat grill to medium high
- Add salt and pepper to butterflied lamb
- Combine butter, garlic mint, coriander, paprika and cumin in food processor or blender (can be done in advance)
- Spread 1/3 of butter mix over inside of lamb
- Add 1 Tbsp to outside of lamb.
- Arrange lamb outer side down on grill, turning with tongs, 15-20 minutes per side. If it starts to burn, move to a cooler part of the grill or turn heat down. Spread remaining butter mix over top 3-4 times.
- Prepare the sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan on medium. Add onion and garlic and saute 5 min till golden. Add vinegar or lemon and mint and bring to a boil, then stir in chicken broth. When boiling, reduce the head to med-low and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and taste for seasoning, adding salt or lemon juice as needed.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with the sauce and tiny bowls of kosher salt and cumin for seasoning at the table.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 99g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 141||91%|
|Total Fat 16.01g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 10.06g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.81g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|