shrimp marinated and cooked on skewers. If you use pre-cooked shrimp, you wont want it cooking long at all! If uncooked, then 3-4 min each side until it's pink.
This uses up the lemon allotment for the day. Lemon "cooks" the shrimp so you don't want to marinate for more than15 minutes. They will be rubber otherwise.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp tabasco sauce
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp mince garlic, to taste
- 1 cup tomato chili sauce
- 1 juiced lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 lbs medium shrimp
- 16 skewers
- Mix oil, sauces, garlic and oregano in a bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat in ziploc bag. Cover and marinate in fridge about 15 minutes (original recipe said an hour...)
- Grill at medium heat, oil the grate. Shake off excess marinade.
- Place shrimp on skewer, cook until pink on the outside and no longer translucent -- about 3 minutes per side.
- My experience tells me that approximately 12 shrimp (before cooking) comes out to 100 grams.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 203g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||20%|
|Total Fat 5.06g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.49g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.88g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|